How to Install and Working With Wamp Server To Create A Database And Host A Website with complete Guide
WampServer is a free and totally costlessly server for OS of Windows web development environment for every generation. It allows you to create websites and web applications for the backend coding and services with Apache server with latest version 2. It has latest and updated PHP language package and a MySQL database. PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your database from your web browser and you can access it by entering the address of localhost”.
Start With Wamp Server
WampServer installs automatically all you need to start developing web applications and is very easy to use on our computer or laptop. You will be able to tune and manage your server settings without even touching the setting files.
Download Wamp Server
WampServer is available for free on his official website with two distinct and latest versions 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems. One thing to be noted that is Wampserver 2.5 is not compatible with Windows XP operating system, neither with SP3, nor Windows Server 2003. All WampServer versions are available on SourceForge website under GPML license.
Installing Wamp Server
There are following steps for installing WampServer on your computer or laptop.
- Double click on the downloaded file and just follow the instructions and accept administrative permission with yes. Everything is automatic and setup start automatically on your computer. The WampServer package is delivered with the latest releases of Apache, MySQL, and PHP with directives.
- Once WampServer is installed on your machine then, you can manually add additional Apache, Php or MySql services along with its versions which are only compatible with VC9, VC10 and VC11 compiled. Explanations will be provided on the following.
- Each release of Apache, MySQL, and PHP has its own settings and its own files in the database in the server.
Information of Using wamp server
- The main directory which you can put your files and projects is the “www” directory will be automatically created like as directory (usually c:\wamp\www).
- For create your new project to create a subdirectory in “www” and put your HTML, CSS, PHP, Bootstrap, JQuery files inside a newly created directory.
- Click on the “localhost” link in the WampSever menu or open your internet browser and go to the URL and enter URL of “http://localhost”.
Wamp Server Functionalities
It is the first step to know about WampServer’s functionalities are very complete and easy to use so we won’t explain here how to use them.
With a left click on WampServer’s icon, you will be able to:
- First, you have to manage your Apache and MySQL services
- You can switch online/offline mode in your server to give access to everyone or only localhost on the web browser
- Install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases on your computer
- You can manage your servers settings manually and CLI interface
- For error reporting, you can access your logs in the log directory
- For more setting, you can access your settings files
- For advancement, you can create the alias